Sunday, January 4, 2009

A wonderful holiday season...











I am determined to make the last day of vacation last and not think about the fact that we go back to work tomorrow! I am excited to go back and start a new semester but I confess I will greatly miss sleeping in :) So, I thought I would post some pictures and think about what a great holiday season it was. We had the Payne family Christmas on December 21st. Big Mama made an amazing meal as always and it was so fun to just be with family and relax. Then Will and I had a quiet Christmas at home on the 25th. We woke up and gave Nellie her stocking full of stuffed animals. She gets SOOOO excited about it every year and it is one of the highlights of Christmas to me. After she has gotten all her new toys she gathers them up on her bed and just lays on them... so cute. Who knew some stuffed animals from the Dollar Store could lead to absolute bliss? Then my mom came the day after Christmas and stayed for a few days. We had such a good time cooking and shopping and just relaxing. It was a wonderful holiday season and I even managed to stay up to see the ball drop and see 12 o'clock Alabama time or "slow time" as Will calls it. I hope everyone had a great holiday and will embrace all the wonderful things to come in 2009!

2 comments:

Sarah Fitch said...

Yeah! A new post!!!! Rut, looking good, girl :) I loved the family shot...and especially that you gave us the semi-profile so we could see how big Miss Annie's getting to be!
I'm also glad that Nellie's enjoying her new babies as much as her parents are eagerly anticipating theirs...CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!
Love you guys,
Sarah

The Cooks said...

Glad you guys had a great Christmas! When are you due? You look great! I'm sportin' the puffy pregnant fat face these days! It is sexy!

Can't wait until your sweet one gets here!