Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Our New Church Family











I am embarassed to admit this but Will and I have been incredible lazy for the past few years in settling into a church. I rationalized that being involved in a service group and giving back that way was enough and since we traveled so much on the weekends we couldn't really get involved anyways. The truth is though our lives were really lacking in not having a church family and now that miss Annie is here we can make excuses no more. We are so thrilled to now call First Baptist of Auburn our home and are ready to start getting involved. Annie attended for the first time this past Sunday. She stayed in the nursery with Ms. Gwyn and was great. I cannot say enough about Ms. Gwyn. Annie started to get a little fussy when we arrived... I think she was tired of being in the car seat and as soon as I passed her over to Gwyn she was mesmerized. I have met the baby whisperer of Auburn! Annie loves this woman and so do I! I can't wait to volunteer in the nursery and learn some of her skills :)

2 comments:

Therapyforfreeforme said...

I am very happy to read this! And, since I organize the volunteer list for the nursery, you have now been added to list! Seriously, I will get with you and let you know how the schedule works - a new one is coming out in the next month or so. I hate that we were out of town this past Sunday and missed her first Sunday there. Gwynn is amazing!! I am glad that it went well when you dropped her off. Talk to you soon! - Kellie

The Cooks said...

How wonderful is the Body of Christ! We are so happy for your sweet family.